Monday 9 May 2016

A Pre-Mother's Day Spoiling with Holden Event

Mother's Day for myself means it's a day to celebrate being someone's everything, for bringing another life into this world, for giving thanks to the woman who brought me into this world and who raised me. Mother's Day for many is a special one to celebrate that special woman or women within your life.

This year I was invited out on a pre-Mother's Day event with Holden Australia, special thanks to Kids Business who helped organize the event.
The Friday before Mother's Day we ventured out to GM Holden HQ to start the journey. 11 of the new range vehicles from Holden were lined up in the car park that a handful of us Mummies were taking on test drives up to the Yarra Valley - Oakridge Winery for lunch.


Vehicles on offer for test driving were the Captiva, Trax, Insignia and Cascada.
Little Niah came with me so if you had a child you were put into either the Captiva or Trax as those were fitted with the new Isofix for kids car seats that have connections from there car seat. For those that know me, know I am a big car girl. Captiva was definitely my first choice of the car I wanted to get into for a spin. I would have definitely loved to have had an opportunity to drive or even just sit passenger in the Cascada which is a proper sized four adult seated convertible car but unfortunately this wasn't a fitted car seat option, always next time.
I don't have many photos of the cars to show unfortunately as I was too busy caught up in the amazing day we were having.

 

From the first moment I got behind the wheel of the Captiva I just wanted to take it home with me, it was all new, shiny and had an abundance of features that I wanted in my own car e.g sunroof, reverse camera, blind spot alert, leather seats USB connectivity and the MyLink entertainment system with the new Apple CarPlay was a bread winner for me. No need for inbuilt GPS or one of those suction cup GPS that constantly fall down, plug your phone in and it will connect the maps onto the touchscreen for you to be able to use straight from your phone.


The Captiva's that we got to drive were the diesel fuel injected versions, which obviously are a little louder when running but the benefits of fuel lasting longer.
Key-less entry and start, no need to put a key into the barrel anymore simply have the key on you and the car will start with a turning knob from the barrel. All controls are easily located on the leather wrapped steering wheel and no more long hand break stick, it's all controlled by the flick or push of a parking break button now.


The weather really showed off for our day out with some sunshine that was beautifully beaming down through the sunroof and in through the windows as we made the drive up into the Yarra Valley for a treat. Over an hour away awaited our destination of Oakridge Winery where the view would go for miles.


A pickling class with celeb chef Matt Stone in the Wineries barrel holding area allowed us to get our hands dirty as we were taught how to make a homemade fresh Kim Chi. Ingredients of fermented chilli paste, ginger, garlic, spring onion and fresh vegetables all got put together where we could all take our own little jar home.


 

During this time period kids entertainment was provided with a special guest appearance from Cinderella who was a princess of many talents from balloon artistry, face painting and playing many games with the children to allow the Holden Mums to be able to enjoy a private three course lunch over looking the winery and of course a display set up of the Holden vehicles we drove up.


Photo opportunities were present after lunch and then before leaving we were gifted with a stunning bunch of fresh blooms and a bottle of Oakridge chardonnay as presents.
The drive back was a bitter sweet one. The recapping of what a wonderful day was had but a sad moment of having to go back to reality and of course give the car back.


It was interesting to get behind the Captiva as I was nearly going to purchase one a few years back now when I was peaking through a possible car upgrade as I was having major issues with my car at the time but then we ended up just getting my car fixed.
My family is pretty Holden mad with having two brothers. Predominately the family home could be what looks like a Holden car yard which resides with 6 permanent living Holden cars there and then 2 more if the whole immediate family is over.
The Daddy of this household also just upgraded his car from a Holden sedan to a new VF Holden sportswagon, which is all nice and flashy but it's a hard bargain to try and crack a day of use in his car... Boys and there toys hey, or should I be saying there bae's - it seems to be what I see them all snap chatting these days.

All in all though; Holden, Kids Business and Oakridge Winery; I cannot thank you enough for the day of celebrating us Mumma's. I have never been up into the Yarra Valley and probably wouldn't have ever gone up that way if it wasn't for this event, till next time...
Who knows maybe I'll end up with a new Holden soon as this Mumma is needing an upgrade and I think I may have been convinced.



Disclosure: This post has been made in collaboration with Holden Australia, Kids Business and Oakridge Winery.  I was  invited along to the event as above mentioned with no expectation for its promotion here, however a gifting of a loan car for a week and a voucher will be provided for this post. All opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own in accordance to my disclosure statement. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow sounds like an awesome day you lucky duck! I love the look of the captiva as well, just need to win lotto hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky! What a fun day out! DF xoxo

    www.doaner-fide.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2015 NJT Blogger