Saturday 12 October 2013

REVIEW: Katy Perry Killer Queen Eau De Parfum



“When I was creating Killer Queen, I was really inspired by the idea of a strong, confident woman in power and that is exactly what I hoped to put into this fragrance, something that brings out the power inside of you.” - Katy Perry

Playful and daring, Katy Perry’s unbridled artistic vision bends the rules and breaks the mold with a vivaciously original spark

Introducing 
Killer Queen by Katy Perry

The new, strikingly gorgeous fragrance that captures Katy Perry’s rebellious spirit throwing convention to the wind.

The Fragrance
Created by Laurent Le Guernec of IFF, Killer Queen is an addictive fragrance that bewitches, indulges and demands to be noticed.

“The Red Velvet Flower inspired this creation beginning with the richness of the burgundy red, the velvety feel reminiscent of a royal cape and its deep textured floral scent”, says Laurent Le Guernec.

Top Notes: Wild Berry, Dark Plum & Bergamot 
Middle Notes: Red Velvet Flower, Natural Jasmine Sambac & Rainbow Plumeria 
Base Notes: Cashmeran, Natural Patchouli Heart & Liquid Praline

The Bottle
Inspired by a queen’s scepter, the distinct jewel-shaped bottle in shades of royal red and gold portrays sexy sophistication and lawless luxury. The faceted bottle rests languorously on its side, like a loose, precious gem fit for a Queen. The regality of the bottle is enhanced with a rich gold crown showcasing a custom crest capturing Katy Perry’s playful essence—regal cats, a music clef, hearts and dagger.

I adore Katy Perry's music, adored her first perfumes brought out and now can say adored her newest perfume! 
To start off with I wasn't fond of this perfume as it smelt like more of an older ladies perfume to wear, but the more I wore it, it became a scent I liked on me and my mind changed about how it actually smelt. 
The way I can describe this perfume for you it's a warm florally scent yet sweet at the same time. 
I can only flaw that the fragrance doesn't last very long, within a few hours I couldn't smell it on myself when I put my nose to my skin where it was spritzed which was disappointing.

I think Killer Queen is a perfume that could be worn either day or night but would say season wise this is a spring scent for me.

The bottle is very cute, it's the eye-catcher of my perfume collection as it doesn't stand up like the rest of the perfume bottles - it lays down like the way it is shaped: a diamond! It truly is like this massive diamond filled with this sweet scent having you sniff at your skin over and over. 
I do wish that the bottle had come with a stand as I love the look of this bottle in the upright position... laying this bottle down doesn't give justice to how elegantly royal appearing it is.

This perfume does have a special part to it for me as it was released right around my daughter being born and was a gifted sample I came home to from being in hospital. 


Own the Throne!

The Collection RRP -
Katy Perry Killer Queen Eau de Parfum 100 ml $69 
Katy Perry Killer Queen Eau de Parfum 50 ml $49 
Katy Perry Killer Queen Eau de Parfum 30 ml $39



Available 1st September 2013

**This product was kindly sample gifted for my reviewing. I have not been advised what to write and have given my own opinion whilst reviewing.**

1 comment:

  1. I have this one too and love it! It's such a gorgeous bottle, and the scent is really neutral but still something that pops! xx

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2015 NJT Blogger