Monday 21 April 2014

A Mother's Day Look with Arbonne + Review


Arbonne is a massive deal and has been quite the hype within a lot of ladies lives these days - young and older.
This was the first time that I experienced Arbonne and thought I would put together a little piece/look/review on them with Mother's Day coming up.

First of all let me give you some background information on Arbonne.
Arbonne is a vegan cosmetic, skincare and supplement company that have a wide range of products suitable to anyone looking for a more natural and pure approach to their daily uses. 

I was sent out 3 products from the massive cosmetics range of products that Arbonne have to offer to put to the test and give a Mother's Day look, here's my thoughts on the products:

 Arbonne Perfecting Liquid Foundation SPF 15 - Neutral Beige *RRP $56.00 for 30mL*
Multitasking liquid foundation with skin-firming properties helps lift the appearance of facial contours, smooth and even skin tone, while providing sun protection. 

Arbonne Perfecting Liquid Foundation is a lightweight foundation that didn't weigh down my face nor show a 'caked' up look. This foundation for me with something I did like for colouring on my skin. I like to go a little bit darker then my actual skin tone and then blend it into my neck to make it look a little more natural on my skin. 
I did find this foundation to be of a dewy texture though. Although it left a beautiful skin kissed look, it would mark on anything that it touched for example - I was always finding it on my little girls clothes; which was a little disappointing as I tend to steer clear of foundations that do that. I added a little finishing powder on top and it did help get rid of some of the dewy finish. 




Arbonne Triple Action Mascara - *RRP $44 for 7.9g*
Defines, lengthens and volumises lashes to the fullest with a smudge-resistant, long-wearing formula. 

Triple Action Mascara wasn't something I liked to start off with as it wasn't what I was used to with my other current mascara - I like thick volume filled lashes that are big and bold. I kept giving Arbonne's Triple Action Mascara a fair trial go and I actually grew to like the subtle yet long individual lashes the mascara would leave. It is sort of a thick textured mascara when it comes out on application so I would run a lash comb through my lashes after application just to ensure no little clumps would be left on my lashes. 
This mascara is a perfect fit for anyone who likes light make-up looks and doesn't want much make-up on I would say. I loved wearing this mascara when I was just running out to do a few errands - chucking on some light powder foundation and then having this mascara was just enough to make me feel comfortable to head out and be ready in no time. 
























Arbonne Lip Polish in Posh - *$37 for 5.9mL*
Luscious lip polish glides on silky smooth and delivers superior shine without the stickiness. 

Arbonne's Lip Polish was a gorgeous light and an any occasion shade that really is versatile and goes with anything. I did find it to be pretty sticky on first application though and then it kind of settled down after a little time passing. It was the perfect amount of shine and really made them lips pop. 
This lip polish is the perfect small size to carry in any little handbag on a day or night out. 


Here is my Mother's Day look courtesy of Arbonne (picture above). With the picture featured above it will give you a real feel for the colouring and how it will apply to your skin.

  • Apply the Arbonne Perfecting Liquid Foundation with a stippling brush in circular motions to push the foundation onto your skin into a nice even spread. 
  • Apply the Arbonne Triple Action Mascara to both eyelash sets - working up and down, wiggle and brush. 
  • Apply the Arbonne Lip Polish in Chic to those lips. (I first coat my lips with a basic lip care product before I start my makeup routine to ensure I have nicely nourished lips before I apply a lip colour.)

I love this look and is my normal everyday look at current, thanks to Arbonne.

After using these 3 Arbonne products I would really be keen to try out more from their range. They are fabulous products but do come with a little bit of a price tag to them. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 NJT Blogger