Friday 11 April 2014

Real Techniques Core Collection Review

Real Techniques I was lucky enough to start as my first real proper cosmetics brushes - I've had those cheapos from the $2 stores and which I can now understand why you need to invest and pay a little extra for a proper brush! If it wasn't for blogging I honestly probably wouldn't have even brought any brushes other then the cheapos as I would have thought they do all the same things.. well no!
Real Techniques have a brush for everything although some may not come in handy from their collection ranges they sure do show benefits through your make up application/routines.

I have only starting contouring and understanding why you contour and Real Techniques have a collection out called 'Core Collection' which contains 4 different cosmetics brushes and are the gold coloured.
Over the past month I have been putting these brushes to the test to see how I would use them without knowing too much on the brushes and then I actually went and looked at what they are meant to be used for.


Included in the 'Core Collection' is a:

  • Detailer Brush - precision cut to effortlessly conceal problem areas; or, use with lipstick for long-lasting shape and definition.
  • Pointed Foundation Brush - use with liquid foundation to build custom coverage.
  • Buffing Brush - ideal for full coverage application of powder and mineral foundation.
  • Contour Brush - delicately applies highlighter to contour or create sheer, soft-focus finish. 
and then you get the Panoramic Case which allows you to stand your brushes up for a pretty display or to enclose them in an envelope type compartment so they are always kept together.

Here's how I used the brushes:

 


Detailer Brush: 
I was using the Detailer Brush for when I would use eye shadow as a liner for on my eyes. As this brush is really small and thin it was easier to use this brush to get a more defined line going on your eye and it wouldn't be too thick either.








Pointed Foundation Brush:
I use the Pointed Foundation Brush for highlighter use on my face - when your using highlighter you just want to push it into your face and I thought this was a fantastic brush was easy to use when going around the eyes and top of lip area.
Buffing Brush:
This was the only brush out of all them all that I use correctly - after having those really dewy or very liquidy foundations that when you touch your face come off I apply a finishing powder over the top and this is a great brush to use as it has a flat top so it was good for just dabbing into your face.







Contour Brush:
The Contour Brush I actually don't use very much - I have used it once when I was applying the contouring darker foundation to my face to contour but I preferred a stippling brush for that instead.





Real Techniques 'Core Collection' has been a blessing addition to my cosmetics collection and have become a daily used product. (Yes,  I am one of those people who like to contour and highlight all the time when I apply make-up!)

Something I really love about Real Techniques is that they don't stop with just helping you achieve those beauty looks you are going for. They provide ongoing support to assist you by having online tutorial videos which I think is fabulous for those who are just starting out or wanting some extra tips!

My little beauty blogger in the making having a play with the Real Technique brushes - just had to share! 

**Real Techniques Core Collection - RRP $45**

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 NJT Blogger