Sunday 4 May 2014

Mothers Day Fragrances - Si by Giorgio Armani & La Vie Est Belle by Lancome

Si by Giorgio Armani - RRP $90 for 30mL
"Sì is my tribute to modern femininity, an irresistible combination of grace, strength and independent
spirit." Giorgio Armani

Chic, sultry, intense and soft at the same time, Sì is a chypre scent reinvented, lingering on the skin and
captivating the senses. Its olfactory signature is rhythmic, elegant and unique. 

The fragrance opens with notes of Sicilian bergamot, mandarin oil and liquer de cassis which is supported by a heart which bursts with rose de mai absolute, neroli absolute and Egyptian jasmine absolute. Warm undertones caress the unique chypre base notes of patchouli oil intertwined with blond woods , amber and musky undertones known as Orcanox™. Finished with a sweet animalic accord of vanille absolute which gives this fragrance, longevity and an unforgettable sillage.


You may remember when I first posted about Giorgio Armani - Si back last year just after I had my little girl. Well... I have finally got my hands on Si and she's always in my handbag now!
I love Giorgio Armani on guys - any Giorgio scent makes me weak at the knees really. I am in love with Giorgio Armani and the way he makes these amazing scents so when word was out that Giorgio was creating a female perfume, I was just over the moon.

Si is a gorgeous warm but yet sweet at the same time scent. I can really smell the jasmine in there and a little vanilla. It's not a very strong overpowering scent that makes you feel like you've just been drowned in perfume, it's just enough to be subtle but yet still leaving a good amount to be able to smell the scent yourself. Spray liberally as it's a generous scent when spritzed on.
The 30mL bottle is just the perfect little size to pop in those handbags on a night out as well.


La Vie Est Belle by Lancome - RRP $97 for 30mL
“La vie est belle”, a French expression meaning “Life is beautiful”; the manifesto of a new era. Universal yet personal, Lancôme’s femininity is a choice embraced by women, not an imposed standard. The choice to live one’s life and fill it with beauty. Your own way.

Top notes - Blackcurrant, Pear
Heart notes - Iris, Orange Blossom, Jasmine, Magnolia
Base notes - Tonka Bean, Praline, Patchouli, Vanilla

La vie est belle introduces a new olfactive story, the first ever iris gourmand. The juice is made with the most precious natural ingredients, a modern interpretation of an oriental fragrance with a twist of gourmand. It entwines the elegance of iris with the strength of Patchouli and the sweetness of a gourmand blend; for an incredible scent with depth and complexity.


It's also no lie that I am a huge Lancome fan! I love my Miracle and Hypnose scents from Lancome and now there is a new friend to add to my Lancome clan. I love perfumes that have different bottles as it really makes them stand out - you can't see the bottle shape properly in images but where you can see the peach colour in the above picture it goes a little round and then the rest is more of a flat thin glass design. 

This fragrance has a beautiful fruity sweet scent that has a hint of musk I would best describe it, is the perfect Winter's scent I would say. 
I sprayed this once on my arm and it lasted for ages and you could smell it every time you would move so it was very long lasting. Lancome has always made there perfumes long lasting so I do tend to keep these and will be keeping La Vie Est Belle for those special events. 


*RRP are taken from Myer - May 2014 prices.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 NJT Blogger