Thursday 22 May 2014

Brand Focus: Brown Skin Secrets - Hydrating System


A little while ago I was sent the Hydrating System from Brown Skin Secrets to trial as I have more of a darker shade skin.

I think it's fantastic that there is special products that cater to skin tones out there and I had no idea that because of my skin tone being darker that my skin would need a different kind of care when it comes to skincare.

The range is crafted from all-natural ingredients and created specifically to assist the skin concerns of those with darker or oriental skin, or to assist those suffering pigmentation, age spots or other common skin concerns. The range includes cleansers, exfoliating clay masks and moisturisers for a variety of skin types.

I have religiously used a cleanser, exfoliant and moisturiser for years now as I believe that's what makes my skin as good as it is on my face. I have never really been a person to get many pimples or to have bad facial skin and I think I owe it to my skincare regime.

When I look at new brands for my skincare products it always has to be a more natural based product because I have sensitive skin and can react badly to non-sensitive skin products.

What I really am getting sick of is that natural brand products seem to always use a strong amount of lavender and I am definitely not a fan of lavender at all so when I tried Brown Skin Secrets and there wasn't that overdose smell of lavender in them - YIPPPEEE is what you could hear my say! Finally a product that doesn't knock you out from the smell.

I actually couldn't even smell it under I read that it did have some lavender extract in the ingredients listing. The scent that comes off the Hydrating System is more of a rosehip then anything mixed with more rose's.

The Hydrating System consists of a Milk Cleanser, Pink Clay and Jojoba Exfoliant and Hydrating Moisturiser - these products were really very gentle on my skin and didn't dry it out like I notice with a lot of other brands. They are silky smooth when rubbing on and just the right amount of fragrance scented.

My skin was definitely more hydrated afterwards and would leave my skin smooth and fresh for the whole day.




Milk Cleanser - RRP $24.95
Soothe and Revitalise. Be gentle to your skin with this ultra refreshing milk formula. A unique blend of key ingredients cleanses the skin without over drying it, leaving your skin feeling luxuriously soft, supple and illuminated.

I'm a sucker for a milky cleanser as I love the feel of a milk like cream going onto my skin. The benefits really shown through with this cleanser, just getting everything off my skin and really putting back in good stuff to make my skin have that healthy and well maintained look.




















Pink Clay and Jojoba Exfoliant - RRP $27.95
Stimulate and Rejuvinate. Become a believer with this gentle exfoliant that will help refine skin texture through drawing out impurities and removing dead skin cells to reveal radiant complexion.

If I had to pick one facial cleaning product it would have to be hands down an exfoliant and Brown Skin Secrets have definitely got me onto something good here. The soft beaded balls that are within the exfoliant are gentle on your skin but just the right amount of hardness for a deep clean into your skin. 


Hydrating Moisturiser - RRP $44.50
Nourish and Restore. Feed your skin with an easily absorbed hydrating formula. Its unique ingredients work at a cellular level to promote healthy, supple skin.

Twice a day my moisturiser gets used - once in the morning and then again at night before I retire to bed. This moisturiser just sinks right into your skin within seconds of applying onto your skin. 
It leaves a nice subtle scent of fragrance that smells fresh. 

The difference these products have shown me compared to any other skincare I have used before is such a huge eye opener. Brown Skin Secrets will be my facial care products from now on and they just know how to best attend to my skin needs.


These products are not tested on animals (big thing for a lot of us, I know for me it is) and is Australian Made!
Brown Skin Secrets are FREE from: Chemicals, Mineral Oils, Parabens, Silicones, Sulfates, Polyethylene Glycol (PEG's), Artificial Colours & Fragrances

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 NJT Blogger