Thursday 29 August 2013

REVIEW: Maybelline New York - Dream Pure BB Cream


Still on the topic of cover up make ups I also put to the test Maybelline New York NEW Dream Pure BB Cream.
As a teen growing up I was always loyal to Maybelline having used them all the time but I was always disappointed in how often they delete lines out and come out with new ones. But I suppose with the market these days they need to keep up. I would always find a foundation in their brand that would suit my skin but then next thing I know its being discontinued... But I think if this one stays around this may have found a home with me.


Dream Pure BB Cream - RRP $15.95 for 30ml

Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream is the the first blemish fighting BB cream under their brand which is available in 2 shades - 001 Light & 002 Medium. (For my skin tone I used 002 Medium and it worked a gem.)
Dream Pure BB Cream is the 1-step wonder for healthy skin today, clearer skin tomorrow. 
It is a 8-in-1 skin corrector perfecter for the following reasons:

  • 2% salicylic acid + vitamins
  • Conceals imperfections
  • Reduces blemishes
  • Calms redness
  • Oil free, non-greasy
  • Minimise pores
  • Adjusts to skin tone
  • SPF 15

This was the first product I tried in the BB line foundations - it's quite something that a product now just needs to be activated into foundation by being rubbed into skin. I was quite amazed at how BB cream's work. 

I really like that Dream Pure BB Cream rubs in so easily and gives you a creamy look finish. The 002 medium fitted well with my skin and I have a olive tan completion. 

Maybelline advise for best results to apply a thin layer on skin which can be used with or without a moisturiser. 

For me this wasn't the case, I believe you need to go over those areas of concern twice to really get a good cover up which for me is fine as I am very used to do that but with the use of a concealer underneath this would be a one layer application.

One thing to note is that you don't have to reapply this product throughout the day - it lasts!

I quite like the different packaging for this product, its very well thought together with the colors as they really appear to me and I would be someone who picks this up off the shelf because it's eye catchy. 

Alot of you as well as myself was wondering what BB stands for and here is the definition:
BB:/'bee(.)bee'/
A worldwide phenomenon, BB stands for Beauty Balm. It's where the benefits of make-up and skincare combine to enhance skin in 1 simple step.




5 comments:

  1. Great post! I bought this in Medium as well and used it yesterday and it ended up looking quite ashy in colour on my face. I ended up dusting a light layer of compact foundation on top and it looked much better. The formulation feels really light though and doesn't feel like you're wearing anything on your skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback Mummytutto - I love hearing what others have experienced on the products I have reviewed also.
      Have you tried CC Cream? I think I am way in love with CC Cream now! Currently have all my CC Creams in testing ready for reviews on the blog shortly :)

      Delete
  2. If you want to Buy Lipstick Online, you can purchase from the online shopping portal https://awesomebazar.com/cosmetics/lips/lipstick.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best ever post for enhancing our beauty and i became regular reader of our blog. Keep useful posting like this. Also try these websites Salon Services | Home Salon Services | Home Beauty Salon Services

    ReplyDelete
  4. coconut face scrub Faisalabad
    coconut face scrub Faisalabad
    New super hot photo galleries, daily updated collections

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2015 NJT Blogger